Wilson Center for Arts and Humanities
Completed in 2013, the Willson Center for Arts and Humanities moved their department from UGA’s campus to a former spec house built around 1920. The project consisted of many structural repairs and bringing the house up to code. An exciting find was discovering an original pocket door still operable that had been covered up long ago. This, along with the fireplace were restored and left in place. New restrooms were built in, along with a breakroom, offices, and conference room. The existing windows were tagged and removed, sent to a restoration company in North Carolina, and reinstalled. This project was awarded Best Restoration by the Athens Historical Society in 2014.
DSI uses Matterport to create complete, three-dimensional representations of design-build projects. 3D Virtual Tours of projects allow for the capturing of spaces for interactive walk-throughs…